Tuesday 11 March 2008

Crossroads of life

What happens when everything is going great and then suddenly she's gone -- without giving any reason? Its over. What do yo do? When you realize that the person you held so close to your heart is suddenly a stranger. If you dont know what went wrong how can you possibly rectify it??? Well, your life is certainly changed and you are at crossroads, bound to choose a way but not sure of which....















Spent hours thinking of those lines to say
But the moment came and just slipped away.
It was so near, Oh! What did I fear?
Luck wasn't my side, Maybe it wasn't my day.















You left me at the crossroads - I had to chose a way
Try as I may I couldn't put your thoughts away.
Dream or love? Well, it was neither
But what it was, I don't know either!!


Since then,
Clocks have turned and things have changed.
If only at the crossroads I had just a little bent,
Life wouldn't be so difficult as it all went
But perhaps this was the way things were meant.















Long have I since waited, with my breath abated
Etched deep in my heart, memories all faded...

I left something behind, thinking it never was mine.
But still hope remained alive - Perhaps there will come a time
When, even if just for a while, The North Star will shine
And maybe, Maybe someday our paths will again entwine.

11 comments:

I am NN said...

Crossroads huh...I think she was at them...Don't u think it is just one side of the story?? Though It is a verse for both agony & hope.Confused yet aspiring.

kandy said...

kuch dard chhupa hua hai bhai...mast expressions hai be...waise yeh sab cheez ko lekar itna sento mat hua kar yaar...yaad rakh bus train aur ladki...ek jaayegi doosri aayegi :)

kandy said...

kuch dard chhupa hua hai bhai...mast expressions hai be...waise yeh sab cheez ko lekar itna sento mat hua kar yaar...yaad rakh bus train aur ladki...ek jaayegi doosri aayegi :)

Moments Of Life said...

"If only at the crossroads I had just a little bent"

I simply Loved this line

very meaningful.. great thot reflected in each phrase.. hope and loss tangled perfectly..gud work.. keep it ON

Sush said...

The lines seem to be a snapshot of ur expereince... a thought well stated. Waise whoz the inspiration? (:P) . Aur bahut sare mast wale posts likho.
Will wait 4r dm.

Chinmaya said...

The North Star will shine
And maybe, Maybe someday our paths will again entwine
Great line! Again another nice one!

extremum said...

Well I think the crossroads are good.
You always have hope that you can find something new, whichever way you take.

take it this way.

. said...

@nn yups its surely one sided story because i am still waiting for teh other half...

@kandy rightly said. am not so sento. its just hyperbole.

@myself.. thanks :)

@sushmita thanks. aur likhunga .. dheere dheere... as for the inspiration.. there is no dearth of it :P

@chinmaya thank you so much. its nice to get a pat from the great writer himself ;)

@extremum.. yups. life is a gamble and there are crossroads all along...

ronsin said...

rabba ishq na hove... :P
i hope this is a poem you have written long long time back... at least the incident should be... in case it isnt... will inquire some other time... :D
regading the poem, absolutely awesome... so beautiful it is... just for a passing moment i thought that i would write a poem someday too... :D

. said...

thanks ron.
by the way this poem is not very old. neither is the incident. wrote it last summer. and it may surprise you but actually this is not a case of love's labour lost but actually intended for a very close friend. i have not explained this very clearly and left the other option open because it made the poem more touching but mark the words "dream or love? well, it was neither". :)

Unknown said...

"Dream or love? Well, it was neither
But what it was, I don't know either!!"
gr8 workk....
nice ideas combined with expressions...
keep going...